As the organization expanded, there arose a need for a permanent building for meetings and training programmes. In 1911, Mr. Charles Peiris offered to provide a building in memory of his daughter Elsie, a GFS member who died at the age of 15. The GFS would have to find the land.
The Society in its effort to meet the needs of women, sought to provide safe accommodation to help young girls coming from the rural areas of the country to the city in search of employment. Records indicate that the first "lodge" was started in Conway House in Rosmead Place, Colombo 7.
The Society celebrated its centenary in 2004 with a Thanksgiving service on September 18 at the Church of St. Michael and All Angles, Polwatte, Colombo 3, at which the Celebrant was Rt. Rev. Duleep de Chickera, then Bishop of Colombo.